Global Digital Programme Director - Brunel Global IT
Experienced programme manager focused on digital innovation, with strong executive capability
Amsterdam, travel regularly required | between €110k and €150k, 25% bonus | 40
Founded in 1975, Brunel has developed into an international group with 14,000 employees and a turnover of +/- €1 billion.
Brunel responds to the worldwide demand for specific expertise and flexible employment by developing innovative services in the field of secondment, project management and consultancy.
The organisation has grown into a renowned global brand with more than 100 offices in over 40 countries on 6 continents. A publicly listed organisation with the dynamics of an agile SME company. Brunel is a horizontal organisation with a strong commercial culture. Brunel is a multi-specialist in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Automotive, Infrastructure, Mining and Offshore sectors.
The head office of Brunel International and Brunel Global IT is located in Amsterdam. Brunel Global IT has locations in the international hubs of Singapore, Philippines, Dubai and Houston. The organisational culture is informal, entrepreneurial and highly goal-oriented. The capacity to act is placed as low as possible in the organisation, and employees are selected for their entrepreneurship, professionalism and results orientation.
Profile of the Global Digital Programme Director
The ideal candidate has a university degree with a background in marketing or IT. You have experience with digital innovations and/or online marketing within large, international, and highly business-driven organisations. Experience at companies with high conversion rates, such as in retail, is an advantage. An energetic programme manager with extensive experience in the realisation and implementation of diverse complex projects at the intersection of marketing and IT in an international environment.
Together with the Global IT Leader and the Executive Board (EB), you determine the digital course of the organisation and help Brunel achieve its digital ambitions and potential. You have an unsurpassed ability to execute and are able to implement organisational strategy in concrete terms. You are the right hand and sparring partner of the Global IT Leader when it comes to strategic choices; you are persuasive and you are able to generate support among the Executive Board, the Global Leadership Team (GLT) and the entire organisation.
As a programme manager, you have strong project management skills and, preferably, also experience as a senior line manager. You know how to gather the right people around you in project teams, and you manage different international teams in a coaching, inspiring and motivating way. You adopt a helicopter view and are not distracted by the daily chaos. You know how to prioritise and make the right choices.
You have a clear vision, have a talent for presentations and you know how to connect quickly with internal and external stakeholders. You have expert communication skills, you can easily switch between different cultures and you know how to connect, mobilise and inspire managers and employees. As a person, you are analytical, open, pragmatic, clear and fair. You are able to act flexibility at all levels within and outside of the organisation. You have experience with operating at the Executive Board level.
You are the type of director and finisher who not only stands above projects, but who also actively collaborates on projects with both feet firmly on the ground. You are well-suited to a pragmatic and commercially driven organisation where 'rolling up your sleeves', flexibility and rapids pivots are a given.
In this challenging key position, you will report to Brunel's Global IT Leader. Travelling occurs regularly - a maximum of 50 overnight stays per year, for example.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Execution and concrete roll-out of Brunel's (digital) strategy.
- Translates strategy into an effective, dynamic national and international digital policy for Brunel in consultation with the Executive Board and the Global IT Leader.
- Responsible for tasks ranging from the realisation and implementation of digital projects to embedding in the management organisations. This includes prioritisation and determination of objectives and analysing the implications of strategic decisions, financial consequences, risks and choices for management (internal and external organisation).
- Composing and overseeing international project teams (internal and external), centralised in Amsterdam and the international hubs; hiring external expertise, planning, coordinating and controlling activities involving quality within time and budgetary constraints, onboarding, supervising and evaluating project members and promoting collaboration between project teams.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of the 'digital' budget, including preparing investment proposals, purchasing and the hiring process for resources, suppliers and digital tools.
- Translates business processes, the needs of the sales organisation for each country and legislative and regulatory developments into modifications (or developments) in processes, procedures and systems.
- Responsible for the selection, purchasing and management of (global) supplier management; establishing and complying with SLAs, contract management, evaluations and reports and serving as the contact point for external parties.
- Stakeholder management: responsible for commitment, communication and coordination with stakeholders and departments.
- Analyses, manages and implements work processes within the digital team, provides support for complex digital issues and problem cases and adjusts processes and procedures.
- Fosters support and advises Global IT Leader, Executive Board, GLT, the project group, the sales organisation and users.
- Organises (and informs) various consultations with the steering committee as well as internal and external parties.
- Delivers clear analyses and reports on the progress made on projects to the Executive Board and Global IT Leader and drafts improvement proposals.
As a Global Digital Programme Director, you see yourself in the following:
- Completed university degree with a focus on marketing and/or information technology.
- At least 15 years of work experience, including in the role of programme manager together with project and line management and/or experience as a manager of a DevOps and/or IT Department.
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex online/digital (marketing) programmes and/or projects in an international environment within large, highly business-driven organisations.
- Experience with digital platforms and conversion optimisation.
- Knowledge of and experience with Scrum, Agile working and LEAN.
- Compelling, ambitious and analytical personality with natural authority, broad interests and excellent managerial and coaching skills.
- Visible, persuasive and people-oriented with engaging and communicative skills at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial, visionary, authentic, driven, hands-on and able to create support and to complete projects. High-level ability to execute with a great sense of timing.
- Advanced communication skills and stakeholder management.
- You have experience with acting at the Executive Board level.
- Good command of the English language (verbal and written) in combination with the Dutch and/or German language. Willingness to raise level of business German to C1 level (verbal and written).
Salary and employment conditions
- Gross annual salary range, including holiday pay, of between €110,000 and €150,000 depending on knowledge, experience and personal qualities.
- Bonus of maximum 25%.
- The salary is based on a 40-hour working week.
- Lease auto commensurate with position.
- With proven suitability after one year, qualifies for 'Stock Appreciation Rights'.
- Excellent secondary employment conditions and pension provisions.
Are you interested in the position or do you know someone who fits the profile and is interested? E-mail your resume and motivation to: email@example.com
, mentioning GLBR.AIM4.EW For more information, contact Robert Blaauw at +31 682525385.
The deadline for applying for this vacancy is 9 June 2019.